Those looking for experience prior to pursuing teacher licensure may consider becoming paraprofessionals or substitute teachers.


Hawai‘i State Department of Education (HIDOE)

Those looking for experience in special education may be interested in becoming an educational assistant prior to teaching.


Substitute Teacher Certification Course

UH Mānoa has partnered with the Hawai‘i State Department of Education to offer the Substitute Teacher Certification course online.